8 Jan 2019

The London Bus

I wrote this for a national poetry day competition run by my employer last year. I was never really happy with it, I think writing poetry to a set brief just doesn't work for me; but it was a useful exercise in that it forced me to write something, and I also made an effort to use a closed form.  Needless to say it didn't win.

I hopped aboard a London bus today,
such marvellous sites passed along our way.
Its gleaming roundrel red on asphalt black;
the city embraces the Routemaster’s track.
From the top deck I saw the world unfold,
whilst dreaming of my journeys yet untold.

8 comments:

  1. Packers and Movers in Delhi- Transportation, the movement of goods and persons from place to place and the various means by which such movement is accomplished.scretch free Transportation service by giving Gaurantee to their customers.Persons operating in ACPL (Air Cargo Packers Logistics ) square measure Well Trained and Qualified

    ReplyDelete
  2. Packers and Movers Pune

    Book Best and Verified packers and movers in Pune, Expert in Home Relocation within or outside Pune. Compare 3 quotes from nearby packers and movers in Pune. Get 100% safe & affordable packing moving from Professional Packers and Movers.

    Packers and Movers in Pune

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice article. I enjoyed reading your post. very nice share. I want to twit this to my followers. Thanks !. @ Packers and Movers Kolkata

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent Blog! I would like to thank for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. I wanted to thank you for this websites! Thanks for sharing. Great websites! Packers And Movers Mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  6. Packers and Movers Bangalore as a Services providing company can make all the difference to your ###Home Relocation experience. Bangalore based Company which offers versatile solutions, Right team that easily reduce the stress associated with a ???Household Shifting, ***Vehicle Transportation. we help things run smoothly and reduce breakages and offer you seamless, Affordable, Reliable Shifting Services, Compare Shifting Charges @

    ReplyDelete